- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups water room temperature
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2½ tsp instant dry yeast
- Marinade from 1 tub of Grounded Hemp Seed Goat Cheese (reserve cheese for focaccia topping)
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced finely
- ½ yellow pepper, diced finely
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tub Grounded Hemp Seed Goat Cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- Sea salt to taste.
- To make the dough, combine the water, milk, sugar and yeast in a large bowl and mix. Leave for 5 minutes, until it’s foamy.
- Add the flour, salt and goat cheese marinade and begin mixing with a wooden spoon (or use a counter top mixer with a dough hook on medium speed). Knead until smooth and glossy (about 8 minutes). Add more flour if needed to stop the dough from sticking.
- Next, transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise, until the dough has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a medium-size baking tin with parchment paper and press the dough firmly into the tin. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for another 30 minutes to rise.
- Remove plastic wrap and press small dents into the dough with your thumbs (aim to create about 12 little pools. In an alternating fashion, fill each dent with a mound of diced pepper, or a slice of cherry tomato.
- Sprinkle over the garlic, rosemary, onion, basil leaves and sea salt.
- Lay the springs of chive on top and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before flipping the focaccia out of its tin (keep the toppings facing up). Finally, add dots of the Grounded Hemp Seed Goat Cheese. Cut into wedges and serve warm.