For the breadcrumbs:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian herb blend
- salt + pepper
For the pasta bake:
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups orzo (uncooked)
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dry oregano or Italian herb blend
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 container Grounded Hemp Seed GOAT cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large stockpot, cook onions in a bit of olive oil (for about 3 minutes, until soft). Add garlic and orzo and cook for 1 minute, stiring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Take off the heat. Add spinach, salt and pepper to the mix. It should be the consistency of risotto at this point (not to dry, but not soupy either).
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumb ingredients. Set aside.
- Transfer orzo into an oven-friendly pot or deep baking pan. Top with breadcrumb mixture, cherry tomato halves and dots of Grounded Hemp Seed GOAT cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling and browned.