- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 bunches of asparagus, woody stalks removed
- 1 tub Grounded Hemp Seed Cream Cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pastry onto the lined baking sheet. Using a knife, score a 1 inch border around the edges (being careful not to cut all the way through).
- Spread the cream cheese onto the puff pastry, staying within the borders. Lay spears of asparagus on top and season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges of the pastry with olive oil, and drizzle a little on top of the asparagus for good measure.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes (or until the pastry is crispy and cooked in the middle).
- Remove from the oven and top with lemon zest, Allow to cool before serving.